When You Meet Gay and Lesbian People:
Hints for the Heterosexual
1. Do not run screaming from the room. This is rude.
2. If you must back away, do so slowly and with discretion.
3. Do not assume they are attracted to you.
4. Do not assume they are not attracted to you.
5. Do not expect them to be as excited about meeting a heterosexual as you may be about meeting a gay person.
6. Do not immediately start talking about your boy/girlfriend or husband/wife in order to make it clear that you are straight.
7. Do not ask them how they got this way. Instead, ask yourself how you got the way you are.
8. Do not assume they are dying to talk about being gay.
9. Do not expect them to refrain from talking about being gay.
10. Do not trivialize their experience by assuming it is a bedroom issue only. They are gay 24 hours a day.
. our featured poets . new additions . submissions . links .
. chat & forum . jokes / quotes . sign the guestbook . view the guestbook .
. index .
This Web site © 1997 by Michelle ( Dragoneyes )